If you’re new to prototyping and product development you may not realize it, but injection molded parts are truly ubiquitous. They’re cheap to make in large quantities, and it is faster to make complex shapes through injection molding than with other p …
To learn more about what injection molding is and some of the most common practices and features, check out our engineer Jeremy Losaw’s blog post for Edison Nation. In it, you’ll learn more about:
- Why you need a constant wall thickness when working with injection-molded parts
- What draft is and why it’s needed
- Undercuts and how to work around them
- Fastening features such as snap fits and screws
- Overmolding and how it can help designers incorporate more colors and textures
Work With Us
Want to learn more about how we’d prepare your product for launch? Request a quote today.
Want To See This Advice In Action?
Check out our case studies and learn more about how we’ve achieved stellar results for our clients.