Adding high-quality photos and videos to your Amazon is critical to successful sales. However, there is a right and wrong way to add this type of content to your listing.
Why Are Images and Videos Important for An Amazon Listing?
As one of the largest ecommerce platforms, Amazon can provide your business with great benefits, including offering you tools to easily sell your product online and introducing you to an extensive customer base, but it does have its shortcomings. For example, while selling on Amazon provides you with an opportunity to reach new customers, building repeat customers and retaining customer information for further nurturing and communication is not so easy on Amazon.
Therefore, you must use every aspect of your listing to your advantage to relate to your customers, sell to them and make yourself memorable so that they continue to buy from you. One of the best ways to do this is through high-quality images and videos that are eye-catching, informative and focus on selling the benefits of your product to the consumer.
Rules for Adding Photos to Your Amazon Listing
There are quite a few rules you must follow in order to ensure that the images in your listing are compliant. Consider this list from Amazon’s Help Center:
- The image must be a professional photograph of the product being sold and/or include the cover art if the product is a book, album, video or DVD. Drawings or illustrations of the product are not allowed.
- The image must not contain gratuitous or confusing additional objects.
The image must be in focus, professionally lit and photographed or scanned, with realistic color, and smooth edges.
- Books, Music, and Video/DVD images should be the front cover art, and fill 100% of the image frame. Jewel cases, promotional stickers, and cellophane are not allowed.
- All other products should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- The full product must be in frame.
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255).
- The image must not contain additional text, graphics, or inset images.
- Pornographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
For even more detailed information about Amazon listing photo requirements for every category, visit Amazon today.
How to Add Videos to Your Amazon Listing
Adding videos to your listing is an entirely different ballgame. Depending on the level of your account, you can add videos to your listing one of three ways at this time:
- A+ Detail pages: If you are a seller with highly-successful metrics, you will get an invitation to join Vendor Central. This will allow you to access an array of features, including posting videos.
- Enhanced Brand Content (EBC): While not as elite as A+ Detail pages and Vendor Central, EBC is available to all private-label sellers in the Amazon Brand Registry program. You will also be able to add videos to your listing here through the EBC option under the Advertising tab.
- Customer reviews: While this can be seen as the least desirable option of the three, you can also encourage your customers to post videos with their reviews. Though this organic process may take some time, having relatable video content on your listing could help potential customers choose you over competitors.
Do you need more help creating photos and videos for your Amazon listing that convert? We’re Amazon experts! Get in touch today to learn more about how we can help you sell your product on Amazon.
Want To See This Advice In Action?
Check out our case studies and learn more about how we’ve achieved stellar results for our clients.