The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about startups and technology. We are a growing global agency that fosters a fun and creative environment, but the work is fast paced and we need an applicant that can deliver stunning results under demanding deadlines.
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for integration of electrical, electronic, and software systems into new products in a variety of industries.This person will have Electrical Systems Engineering experience for both hardware and software components and their integration to support new product development. The Lead Electrical Engineer will provide a vast array of knowledge and experience in the design, analysis and evaluation of electronics hardware and interaction with software systems to provide guidance and recommendations of related strategic decisions. This role will partner with internal and external contributors, both foreign and domestic in origin.
- Key role in New Product Development projects as systems integrator of hardware and software into new devices.
- Define and approve overall electronics architecture choices
- Collaborate with product development teams to create electronic solutions that support program goals and price point
- Utilize design resources to create and evaluate electrical schematics, PCBA layouts, electronic circuit design, custom sensor integration, etc.
- Work closely with EP product development engineers to integrate the mechanical aspects of the product into the overall product design.
- Recommend and specify relevant test equipment and fixtures needed for electrical measurement, testing, and qualification.
- Code firmware for connected and non-connected devices
- Provide input and recommendation for quality improvement and cost reduction projects involving electrical systems
- Demonstration of solid engineering fundamentals, proven verbal and written communication capabilities, organizational, and project management skills, failure mode effect analysis and/or risk analysis, in all work areas.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- Degree minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Specific concentration: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- A broad understanding of microprocessors, microcontrollers, circuit design, controls theory, and/or connected devices software is desired.
- Experience level: 4 years minimum in software, electrical, or systems engineering with an emphasis in integrating systems into consumer products.
- Experience with prototyping and troubleshooting PCBs and electrical systems
- Capable of developing and troubleshooting firmware for consumer devices
Exceptional candidate will have knowledge of one or more of the following:
- IoT systems and wireless protocols (Particle, Raspberry Pi, ESP, WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa, etc)
- Backend integration of IoT systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience integrating microtrollers with mobile apps
- Rapid prototyping techniques for electrical and physical components
- Experience working with multidisciplinary team to tight deadlines
- A thirst for innovation and developing creative solutions to design challenges
- Ability to work after hours when necessary