Social media guru Gary Vaynerchuk got frustrated during a recent interview on TechCrunch and said, “99.5% of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns.”
Frankly, we admit we were a little annoyed at this outburst and just a tad skeptical. So we decided to do some thoroughly scientific research. Surprisingly, we discovered that Gary is really onto something! In fact, not only are most social media gurus clowns, but 78% of them are of the “scary clown” variety. Just 10% are the “fun” kind you find at birthday parties, and the rest are undecided.
Enventys Partners is proud to share the findings of our research in this informative, brightly colored infographic. True statistic: 88.5% of infographics are made up by social media clowns!
Reasons why 99.5% of social media gurus are clowns:
- They might be able to tumble. But they don’t get Tumblr.
- They resemble Hobos, Tramps and Bums…not too corporate
- Their noses are red from drinking too much of their own Kool-Aid (instead of wine from WineLibrary.com)
- They are more adept at Facepaint than Facebook
- Their thoughtful pantomime act doesn’t translate into thousands of random tweets
- They can’t show any real ROI except scaring the hell out of little kids
- They prefer to juggle their balls instead of focusing on making money
- They can’t fill the shoes of real social media gurus, a.k.a. bestselling authors who get paid $20k to speak off the cuff at tech conferences