A picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone knows that saying, but it couldn’t be more true when it comes to advertising and marketing. Having a compelling picture is the most efficient way to inspire click-throughs and drive traffic to your webpage. …
A picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone knows that saying, but it couldn’t be more true when it comes to advertising and marketing. Having a compelling picture is the most efficient way to inspire click-throughs and drive traffic to your webpage. It’s also the thing most people focus on when browsing an Indiegogo or Kickstarter campaign. With listicles (listed articles) and sites like Buzzfeed.com becoming the new way to spread information, pictures and visual elements are more important than ever to grab consumers’ attention. Here are a few tips to help make sure your images are attention grabbing and not discouraging.
- Make sure your images are professional quality
- Nothing makes an ad or website look less professional than second-rate photos. Your photos should be a combination of product photos and lifestyle shots. Product photos work best when the product can stand alone and explain itself, while more complex products that make sense only in context lend themselves better to lifestyle shots. All photos need to be high resolution and focus purely on the product. If you’re selling speakers and and want to include a lifestyle shot of the speakers at a party, make sure the focus is on the product, not the partygoers. This is also true of product shots. A solid background works best to grab attention and put all of the focus on the product.
- High color saturation grabs attention more than regular contrast
- While high quality pictures are important, editing can make them stand out even more. Photographs with high color saturation stand out more against other photos and draw the consumers eye. While it may seem counter-intuitive to have an oversaturated picture that may not look natural, the intense color performs better in marketing. This simple trick can take your page or ad from being glanced over, to engaging consumers, and intriguing them enough to click through and read more.
- Explore GIFs
- If you’re looking for something more than an eye-catching photo, try GIFS, they’re the new frontier in click bait. It’s a way to grab people’s attention and show them more than a simple image can, without requiring sound. GIFs are new and exciting and can really be the thing that puts your campaign over the edge.
While these tips are a good starting point for creating captivating images, the perfect image will be different for every service or product you’re trying to sell. Because of this, it’s important to remain open to capturing several different images and testing their performance to find the “Holy Grail” of combinations of photos to attract the right audience and consumers to your website.