Here at Enventys Partners, we have a work hard, play hard mentality. We spend our days working diligently to make our clients happy and drive them to success, which can make it easy to overlook ourselves. Being the tight-knit agency that we are, we val …
Here at Enventys Partners, we have a work hard, play hard mentality. We spend our days working diligently to make our clients happy and drive them to success, which can make it easy to overlook ourselves. Being the tight-knit agency that we are, we value team building, as it’s a great way to not only boost morale, but increase the success of our business, and in turn our clients’ business.
Here are the top 10 ways we suggest for you to start team building, the Charlotte way:
- Explore the U.S. National Whitewater Center – When you spend 40+ hours each week indoors with your eyes fixed on a computer screen at all times, it’s always great to get out and soak up a little Vitamin D. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is ideal for outdoor team building whether it’s whitewater rafting, stand-up paddle boarding or just enjoying the Thursday River Jam with some good music and good friends. Make sure your next team building event is a wild one at the USNWC!
- Speed up your workweek at Carowinds – Don’t let your day-to-day office grind become mundane and redundant. The only redundancy we recommend for team building is riding roller coasters with your coworkers five times in a row at Carowinds! Pair up and get to know each other on a whole new level on the Fury 325, North America’s longest steel coaster. If you’ve got a few who aren’t into stomach churning rides, have your team try their hand at the Boomerang Bay waterpark or enjoy some of the awesome live entertainment that Carowinds has to offer. It’s another great way to get outdoors with your coworkers and enjoy the beautiful Charlotte weather.
- DefyGravity with your team – For those who have grown accustomed to sitting in their ergonomic chairs five days a week, try a more active type of team building at DefyGravity Charlotte. There’s nothing healthier than a little friendly competition on the trampoline dodgeball court or a pickup trampoline basketball game. Amp up your team building as you cheer on your coworkers as they try to tackle the slackline or rope bridge. You can even sign your team up for Gravity Fit, which is a great way to revitalize your bodies after a long work week in the office!
- Eat local, drink local – Happy hour doesn’t have to be a bust — especially when there are dozens of surrounding breweries in the Charlotte area! Grab your team for a little cornhole, ping pong competition or food truck action at our company favorite, Sycamore Brewing in South End. Who isn’t a fan of their Salty Coconut Red Ale? Whether you’re at NoDa Brewing Company or The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, try ending the day by enjoying a pint and unwinding at some of the coolest breweries in the state with coworkers.
- Healthy competition – At Enventys Partners, we make it a point to find new ways to better ourselves as a team and we couldn’t think of a better way to encourage team building than a game of laser tag at Sports Connection. Bring out the inner kid in your coworkers through some healthy competition by playing some laser tag, bowling or even start up your own volleyball or basketball team and play every week! You can even go the extra mile and make your own team name and jerseys.
- Tailgate time – Is there really any better way to encourage team building than by cheering on another team? We don’t think so! Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Checkers, Knights, Hounds and the Charlotte Independence. With no shortage of sporting events to watch, try getting your team out for a night of ballpark food, drinks and team camaraderie! Start up a team tailgate before the Panthers games and show the rest of your coworkers what you can cook up. For a little more laidback team time, enjoy some brews and see who can throw the fastest at the Charlotte Knights baseball games! Whatever you decide, make sure to get your team together to root for some of Charlotte’s best!
- Wine and Design with your team – When you need to get those creative juices flowing after a long day of work, go and enjoy a glass of wine and painting with some coworkers. Book a private party to paint the Charlotte skyline with the rest of your team to test your artistic abilities or pick a team building package that Wine and Design has to offer! Overcome obstacles, work together and express yourselves together with this creative team building experience.
- Volunteer – Here at Enventys Partners, we’re all about giving back to our community. Just recently, a part of our team volunteered with Habitat for Humanity as a way to make an impact in our community other than our day-to-day digital marketing efforts. Volunteering is a great way for your team to get together, give back and contribute your team efforts to a greater purpose. VolunteerMatch.org is an excellent place to find volunteer opportunities for you and your fellow coworkers to work together and give back to the Charlotte community.
- Cooking classes – Let’s face it. No one likes to take the time to cook a gourmet meal when they get home from work (a delivery pizza is obviously way easier). Cooking classes are a great way to get the team together for a night out and also a great way to get a good meal! Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen offers a variety of healthy and sustainable cooking classes in the South End area for everyone to learn how to prepare a delicious meal. We’re all about getting healthy here at Enventys Partners and cooking our own meals together is a great way to start!
- Step challenge – Another recent health trend that has kicked off here in the Enventys Partners office is our FitBit step challenge. Charlotte is filled with places to run, walk and get your steps in, including Freedom Park, the Charlotte Greenway and Romare Bearden Park. By getting your whole team in on the trend, you can encourage each other and compete to see who the most active person in the office is for the week. Get up a few times a day with coworkers and take a walk around your building, it’s a better way to stretch your legs and stay active throughout the work week!
Team building is a huge part of any workplace if you want to maintain a healthy work environment. We’re constantly seeking out new and unique ways to work together in and out of the office.