The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about startups and technology. We are a growing global agency that fosters a fun and creative environment, but the work is fast paced and we need an applicant that can deliver stunning results under demanding deadlines.
The product designer will perform a variety of tasks that are necessary to bring an idea that starts as a sketch to life. This role engages with engineers, industrial designers, production teams and manufacturing partners. The product designer’s primary role will be to help define a product’s features and functions as well as building functional prototypes for test and evaluation. The ideal candidate will bring a diverse background and proven capability in a variety of fields and industries. In addition to someone who is highly creative, has an eye for detail, and a passion for design, we are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Excellent proven and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly through sketches and present in client meetings.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team is essential
- History of designing products and components that are produced in volume
- Understanding of the constraints and benefits of injection molding, fabrication, sheet metal
- A degree in Engineering, Industrial design or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience with Solidworks
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a relevant field and a US working visa are required
- Comfortable in a machine shop and prototype lab with proven hands-on experience building functional and aesthetic prototypes
- Enjoys the fun and pressure of being on a small team working multiple projects simultaneously
- A working knowledge of electronics and programming a plus
This position is located in Carlsbad, California.
Visit www.enventyspartners.com to learn about our impressive success and amazing story.