The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about startups and technology. We are a growing global agency that fosters a fun and creative environment, but the work is fast paced and we need an applicant that can deliver stunning results under demanding deadlines.
The engineering team is engaged and integral throughout our entire process of development from initial product conceptualization through final production execution. The ideal candidate will bring a diverse background and proven capability in a variety of fields and industries.
The Junior Mechanical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks that are necessary to bring an idea that starts as a sketch to life. This role engages with other skilled engineers and top industrial designers as well as cutting edge manufacturing partners. In addition to someone who is highly creative, has an eye for detail, and a passion for design, we are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- Excellent proven and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly through sketches and present comfortably at the white board and in client meetings.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team is essential
- History of designing components for proof of concept and advanced stage prototypes
- Understanding of the constraints and benefits of injection molding, fabrication, sheet metal, cut and sew
- Comfortable in a machine shop and prototype lab with proven hands-on experience building prototypes
- A working knowledge of electronics and programming
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position. This is not an industrial design position
- Solidworks or ProEngineer CAD experience
- Experience working with a student design challenge (FSAE, Baja, AMSE competitions) a plus
- 0 to 5years’ experience in a relevant field and a US working visa are required
- Enjoys the fun and pressure of being on a small team working multiple projects simultaneously
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position. This is not an Industrial Design job.
These positions are located in Charlotte, NC and Carlsbad, CA.