The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about startups and technology as we are a growing global agency. We foster a fun and creative environment, but we are fast-paced and need an applicant that can deliver under demanding deadlines. The candidate will have a do-what-it-takes attitude and be a self-starter.
We are looking for a full-time Junior WordPress/PHP Developer to join our passionate and collaborative team of digital marketing specialists to enhance and maintain a web presence for our clients. Must have experience developing websites and working with a development team.
This job is very hands-on and will have the requirement to set-up WordPress environments on both staging and live environments.
- Installation, configuration and theming of WordPress-based websites
- Performance of site maintenance and upgrades
- Collaborative work with staff for feedback
- Experience in WordPress (have fully built a WordPress site)
- Ability (1+ years) developing websites from initial installation through configuration and theming to launch
- Familiarity with relational databases, MySQL
- Good understanding of Web optimization principles
- Understanding of Web standards and user experienceThe following are a plus but not requirements:
- Must stay on top of current trends and advancements in website technology
- Experience with GIT and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of SEO at the technical level