At EP, you will work closely with other industrial designers, engineers, product management and marketing to generate unique solutions that directly address consumer needs. Through research and design, you will help our entrepreneurs, startups and cooperate clients define the future of their businesses. Our process and cross functional team provide designers the ability to play a key role in development from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into product launch.
This position develops product concepts while taking into consideration engineering, branding, marketing, production, and sales criteria. Generates concept solutions through the identification of consumer problems and unmet needs. Tests and validates concepts through consumer interaction and market validation. Prepares concept renderings and support materials for use in client communication, marketing and sales presentations.
- User centered design research
- CAD surface model development
- Photo realistic rendering
- Physical model fabrication
- Presentation development
- Other Duties as assigned
- 0-4 years’ experience in Industrial design in the consumer produced goods industry preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer-based concept, design and graphic packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot)
- 2D and 3D product prototyping skills (sketching and model making) required
- Effective problem solver and creative thinking
- Able to apply established design process to design and develop new products
- Strong ability to rapidly communicate ideas through 2D drawings
- Demonstrates strong understanding of aesthetic, design function and human factors
- Fundamental 3D surface modeling and form development skills on PC based systems
- Experience in SolidWorks 3D is a plus.
- Graphics and branding capabilities are a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment closely collaborating with cross-functional design, engineering and marketing teams.
- Positive attitude and drive for results.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Able to support multiple projects and work effectively with a cross functional team